SWPA Mentoring Program
The SWPA Mentoring program invites professionals and students alike to participate and build relationships, strengthening our collective ability to navigate gender, racial, class and other barriers. We encourage all women, and especially women of color, to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The SWPA Mentoring program was designed to offer guidance for students and young professionals in networking and making the most of their SWPA membership at the ASPA conference as well as pursuing their academic and professional goals during the length of the program and potentially beyond. SWPA has a longstanding commitment to gender equity, diversity, and inclusion.
As such, the SWPA Mentoring Program is unique in that it is focused on promoting gender equity through an intersectional lens that honors the unique strengths of its members, scholarship winners, and all women in public service.
This program will provide professional networking opportunities, social capital, and mentorship to early career women.
The 2020-2021 Program kicked off on October 15, 2020. SWPA plans to offer an annual mentorship program, so please keep this on your radar to apply to be a mentor or mentee in Fall of 2021. Applications to be a mentor or mentee should be completed by August 1, 2021.
For more information, please see the Mentoring Program Guide or contact: Kris Major at email@example.com or Lieke Janssen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vernise Estorcien Anbu Arumugam
- Christina Stocks Ivory Banks
- Meril Antony Maria D'Agostina
- Evana Alam Meghna Sabharwal
- Kaila Witkowski Gina Scutelnicu
- Sombo Chunda Helen Yu
- Nicole Diggs Pat Shields
- Rebecca Entress Agatha Caraballo
- Victoria Leigh Julien Helen Yu
- Amanda Rogers Beth Rauhaus
- Rhucha Samudra Maja Holmes
- Heidi Coons Meghna Sabharwal
- Karen Sweeting Maria D'Agostina
- Shae Lambert Ivory Banks
- Andrea Ramos Sarmistha Majumdar
- Kayla Schwoerer Gina Scutelnicu
- Nadia Mahallati Agatha Caraballo